Daugavpils University, Latvia
Daugavpils University (Daugavpils Universitate) is the biggest university in Latvia and has faculties of Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Music and Arts and Education and Management. It is located in the city of Daugavpils in South Eastern Latvia.
Daugavpils is a Russian-speaking city on the banks of the Daugava River and also borders Belarus and Lithuania. It offers a scenic location surrounded by lakes and nature reserves and is a cultural centre in Latvia.
- Estimated number of mobility places for each subject: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Central & East European Studies
- Language of teaching is in Latvian and English
- Grades are allocated on a scale of 1-10 with 5 and above being a pass
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at Daugavpils University.
- Accommodation is available in university residence (shared rooms only) or privately.
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support - guaranteed funding available through Erasmus+
- Cost of living
- Nearest airport: Daugavpils International Airport (DGP). More travel information available.