University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
The University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC) has four campuses in Gran Canaria and one each in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura.
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is the capital city of Gran Canaria island, the second most populous of the Canary Islands, a Spanish archipelago off the North West coast of Africa near Tenerife and Fuerteventura. Las Palmas is the biggest city in the Canary Islands and the ninth largest city in Spain. It has a mild to warm climate throughout the year and sees a lot of tourism as a result of this and its expansive beaches. Its historical centre is also a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Note that the agreement is with Hispanic Studies (Spanish) - Interpretation & Translation only.
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Primary language of teaching is Spanish. UofG students should ensure that all required courses are taught in a language in which they are at least proficient at B2 level.
- Grading system: 10-0
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- You must take 30 ECTS credits per semester
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- Nearest international airport: Gran Canaria Airport (LPA). More travel information available.