University of Tampere, Finland
The University of Tampere (UTA) is one of the largestr universities in Finland with six faculties and 15,000 degree students. The University has developed innovative research perspectives into the various phenomena of society, health and welfare.
Tampere is the second-largest urban area and third most-populous individual municipality in the country, after Helsinki and Espoo municipalities. Scenic, set between two vast lakes, Tampere has a down-to-earth vitality that makes it a favourite for many visitors. Through its centre churns the Tammerkoski rapids, whose grassy banks contrast with the red brick of the imposing fabric mills that once drove the city's economy. Regenerated industrial buildings now house quirky museums, enticing shops, pubs, cinemas and cafes.
Estimated number of places: 4-6 full-year or 8-12 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Life Sciences
- Courses available in English
- Grade system: Grading scale of 0–5 that corresponds to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)
- Entry Requirements: not applicable
- Course Listing
- Accommodation: Does not have on-campus dormitories and does not guarantee accommodation. Housing for students in Tampere is administrated by the Tampere Student Housing Foundation (TOAS).
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support - guaranteed funding available through Erasmus+
- Cost of living