Jagiellonian University, Poland
Jagiellonian University (Universytet Jagiellonski/UJ) in Kraków, founded in 1364 is the oldest university in Poland. In addition to excellence in education and science, it actively promotes innovation and technology transfer. It has been listed at the first position in the Nature Index 2016 Rising Stars among 25 leading universities in Central-Eastern Europe and among Europe’s Most Innovative Universities – REUTERS TOP 100 as the only university from Poland and from Eastern Europe. At the junction of fundamental and applied science stands its unique National Center for Electromagnetic Radiation SOLARIS, equipped with the world’s most advanced synchrotron facility.
It is located in the historic city of Kraków, a leading centre of academic, cultural, and artistic life in Poland. Kraków is a major tourist attraction thanks to its picturesque and historical setting and wealth of cultural attractions.
Jagiellonian University and the University of Glasgow are both members of the Guild of European Research-Intensive Universities.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree: Central & East European, Russian & Eurasian Studies
Estimated number of mobility places for each subject: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
- Central & East European Studies
- Primary language of teaching for Erasmus students is English. Polish language classes are available
- Grading system: grades are allocated on a scale of 2-5 with 3 and above being a pass
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at Jagiellonian University
- Accommodation is available in university residences (shared rooms only) or privately
- International Student Factsheet
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- Nearest international airport: John Paul II International Airport Kraków–Balice (KRK). More travel information available