University of Miami, USA
The University of Miami is a private research university with more than 16,000 students from around the world, with a diverse academic community focused on teaching, learning and the discovery of new knowledge. The campus of the University of Miami is located in the suburb Coral Gables, it is centred on a small lake and its grounds are filled with tropical birds and palm trees.
Miami is a vibrant cosmopolitan city located on the southern tip of the Atlantic coast of Florida and is one of the United States's most popular cities, visited by tourists from all over the world. English and Spanish is spoken throughout the city and the climate varies between warm and hot all year round.
Estimated number of places: 1-3 full-year places or 2-6 semester places for each subject
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- USA Immigration: protocol states that students applying to a US partner usually in March/April must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the United States. Full information of the financial sum required will be found on the US partner webpages and on the US Embassy webpages for their home country.