University of Texas at Austin, USA
University of Texas at Austin, USA is a public research university and the flagship institution of the University of Texas System. The University is located in central Austin and has the fifth-largest single-campus enrolment in the nation, with over 50,000 undergraduate and graduate students and over 24,000 faculty and staff.
Austin is city bursting with an entrepreneurial spirit, a commitment to personal freedom and a passion for unearthing new discoveries. Add a vibrant, internationally renowned music, film and art scene, along with a thriving economy that leads the way in the technology, engineering and health care industries.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 4-6 full-year or 8-12 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Central & East European Studies
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- University Wide
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
Key facts University of Texas at Austin
- Grading system
- Entry requirements
- Credit guidance: credit range per semester = minumum 12
- Course listing
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- USA Immigration: protocol states that students applying to a US partner usually in March/April must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the United States. Full information of the financial sum required will be found on the US partner webpages and on the US Embassy webpages for their home country.