University of Warsaw, Poland
The University of Warsaw (Uniwersytet Warszawski) is the largest university in Poland. It has 126 buildings and over 18 faculties and offers courses in a wide range of subjects. It is one of the most prestigious Polish universities.
It is located in the city of Warsaw, the capital of Poland. Warsaw has a historic old town but is also a cultural centre and offers a thriving nightlife and modern, contemporary architecture.
- Estimated number of mobility places for each subject: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Slavonic Languages
- Primary language of teaching is Polish with some classes available in English
- Grading system: Grades are allocated on a scale of 2-5, with 3 and above being a pass
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at University of Warsaw
- Accommodation is available in university residences or guest houses
- One full time year of study is equivalent to 60 ECTS credits
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support - guaranteed funding available through Erasmus+
- Cost of living
- Nearest international airport: Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW). More travel information available.