University of Auckland, New Zealand
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s biggest and highest ranking university. It is made up of six campuses and has more than 40,000 students.
Auckland is often ranked among the places with the highest quality of life in the world. The city of 1,500,000 people is located in the North of the North Island of New Zealand, nestled between the Tasman Sea and the South Pacific Ocean. The city and its surroundings are shaped by the green hills of 50 volcanoes, rugged, surf beaches in the West and the Hauraki Gulf with a myriad of islands. While the city centre is shaped by high-risers and a bustling metropolitan vibe, rainforests, vineyards, thermal springs and nature reserves are only an hour’s drive away.
The University of Auckland and the University of Glasgow are both members of the U21 network.
- Estimated number of mobility places:
- for each subject: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
- extra Law only places: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
- Accounting & Finance
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business & Management
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- University Wide
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
- Language of Teaching: English
- Calendar: semester one: late February – late June; semester two: mid-July – mid-November.
- Grading: A+ - D-
- Entry requirements
- University accommodation is guaranteed for Study Abroad and Exchange students if you apply and pay a deposit by their deadline.
- Credit guidance
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- Travel: Auckland has a comprehensive public transport system consisting of buses, trains and ferries. A day transport pass allows you access to all modes of transport within the city.