Hitotsubashi University, Japan
Hitotsubashi University is a national university specialising in social sciences. It is one of the most prestigious universities and considered the best in Japan in economics and commerce related subjects. It consistently ranks among the top universities in Japan.
Tokyo is both the capital and, with 13.5 million inhabitants, the largest city of Japan. The Greater Tokyo Area of almost 38 million people is the world’s most populous metropolitan area. Tokyo is famous for its sci-fi cityscape but also features many parks, old quarters, temples and traditional kabuki theatres. It is a fashion, culinary and pop-culture capital. Tokyo has been ranked as an alpha+ city, best tourist destination, most liveable city, safest city and third best city in the world to be a student.
>> Information for incoming students
- Estimated number of mobility places for each subject: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Accounting & Finance
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business & Management
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
- Language of Teaching: English and Japanese. Please check that the classes that you need are taught in English.
- Grading system: 4.0 – 0.0
- Entry requirements
- Credit guidance: credit range/semester = minimum 12
Travel and costs
Hitotsubashi University, 2-1 Naka, Kunitachi, Tokyo 186-8601, Japan
Partner mobility web