University of Wisconsin - Madison, USA
UW-Madison is regularly ranked as one of the top three public research universities in the United States. UW-Madison is the oldest and largest campus in the University of Wisconsin System, a state-wide network of comprehensive universities and colleges.
Madison is the capital of the state of Wisconsin, and has been so since before Wisconsin became a state in 1848. Madison is one of the hubs of education, business, and culture in the state of Wisconsin, and known for a vibrant entertainment and performing arts scene. Madison also has an active population with many parks and bike paths available to residents, as well as activities on its four lakes. Madison has frequently been ranked as one of the best places to live in the United States. The cities of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible by car or bus.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 1-3 full-year Places or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
Key facts UW-Madison
- Grading system
- Entry requirements
- Credit guidance: typical full course load per semester = 15 (credit range per semester = 12-18, may exceed 19 if GPA > 3.0
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- USA Immigration: protocol states that students applying to a US partner usually in March/April must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the United States. Full information of the financial sum required will be found on the US partner webpages and on the US Embassy webpages for their home country.