University of Geneva, Switzerland
The University of Geneva is considered to be one of the best 100 universities in the world. The third-largest university in Switzerland in terms of student numbers, it has a sizeable international population. Almost 40% of the university’s students come from abroad. The university is located in several buildings across Geneva as well as the nearby city of Carouge, with lectures given in six different locations.
Geneva is a city in Switzerland that lies at the southern tip of expansive Lac Léman (Lake Geneva). Surrounded by the Alps and Jura mountains, the city has views of dramatic Mont Blanc. Headquarters of Europe’s United Nations and the Red Cross, it’s a global hub for diplomacy and banking.
- Estimated number of mobility places for each subject: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
- Politics and International Relations
- Teaching language: French
- Credit guidance: typical full course for home students load per semester = 30 ECTS (credit range/semester 24-30)
Travel and costs
- Swiss-European Mobility (ex-Erasmus) / Scholarship
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living