Waseda University, Japan
Waseda University is a university in central Tokyo with 54,000 enrolled students. It consistently ranks among the most selective and well-regarded universities in Japan.
Tokyo is both the capital and, with 13.5 million inhabitants, the largest city of Japan. The Greater Tokyo Area of almost 38 million people is the world’s most populous metropolitan area. Tokyo is famous for its sci-fi cityscape but also features many parks, old quarters, temples and traditional kabuki theatres. Tokyo has been ranked as as the third best city in the world to be a student.
Waseda University and the University of Glasgow are both members of the U21 network.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Accounting & Finance
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business & Management
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
Key facts Waseda University
- Language of Teaching: English and Japanese. Students should ensure that UofG required classes are taught in English
- Grading system: A+ - G
- Entry requirements
- Credit guidance: may vary by subject, typical full course for home students load per semester = 16-18 (credit range/semester 14-21)
- Course listing