USM or Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia is one of the leading universities in the country with a strong focus on Natural Sciences, Applied Sciences, Medical and Health Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Building Sciences & Technology, Social Sciences, Humanities and Education.
One of the University’s three campuses is based in Penang, a Malaysian state on the northwest coast of Peninsular Malaysia. Among the most popular attractions is the historic and scenic, George town where you can see the famous Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion along with a collection of gold crowned Buddhist temples.
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree summer school partner: Adult Education for Social Change
- Dual MSc in Management programmes (The Euro-Asian MBA-MSc programme)
Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Programme Partner
Universita Sains Malaysia is an Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Programme Partner. The Erasmus+ programme now offers mobility worldwide, all participants receive a travel and subsistence allowance.
ICM funding and application
Any questions contact GoAbroad@glasgow.ac.uk
- Estimated number of places: 2-6 semester places
- This opportunity is for: PhD; staff
- Priority area Social Sciences: Education; Adam Smith Business School
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Social Sciences (research)
- Language of teaching: Most courses are offered in English.
- Academic calendar: Semester one: September – January. Semester two: February – June. For more information:
- CGPA Grading System.