University of Oslo, Norway
The University of Oslo (UiO) is widely recognized as one of Northern Europe's most prestigious universities. Founded in 1811, UiO has a strong focus on interdisciplinary research, particularly in the university’s strategic initiatives on life sciences, energy and the Nordic model. In 2015, UiO researchers contributed to research trials of a new Ebola vaccine, new cancer treatments and new understanding of coeliac disease. UiO has fostered five Nobel Prize Laureates and has a strong record of pioneering research and scientific discovery.
Oslo, the capital of Norway, sits on the country’s southern coast at the head of the Oslofjord, and is known for its citywide green spaces and museums. Oslo is fringed with forests, hills and lakes awash with opportunities for hiking, cycling, skiing and boating. Add to this mix a thriving cafe and bar culture, top-notch restaurants, nightlife options.
The University of Oslo and the University of Glasgow are both members of the Guild of European Research-Intensive Universities.
>> Information for incoming students
- Estimated number of mobility places: 1-3 full-year places or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Language of teaching: English
- Grade system: A-F
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at University of Oslo Norway
- Accommodation: International students on exchange programmes are guaranteed accommodation in one of the student villages, provided that they follow the instructions in their admission letters and go through with all necessary procedures by the specified deadline
- Course Listing
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- Nearest airport: Oslo Airport
University of Oslo Boks 1072 Blindern 0316 Oslo"
Partner mobility web