Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) is a French-speaking university in Brussels that was established in 1834. Five Nobel Prize winners attended the university. It has multiple schools and institutes and in total about 24,000 students. However, Département de Traduction et Interprétation (ISTI) that is available for Erasmus has only 1,000 students which makes it very homely and welcoming. The institute offers renowned translation and interpretation programs.
Brussels is a vibrant international city that has a rich culture scene. The population of Brussels is little over 1 million. The city has many beautiful historical sites as well as shopping spots. Other great European cities are a stone’s throw away. The Institute itself is located in a commune Uccle, a green residential area popular with students. The city centre and other places of interest are easily accessible via public transport.
European University Alliance partner - CIVIS
ULB and the University of Glasgow are both members of the European University Alliance CIVIS.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 1-3 full-year places/2-6 semester places.
ISTI-Cooremans: In addition, the University has a mobility agreeent with ULB's School of Translation and Interpretation, ISTI-Cooremans (Haute École de Bruxelles - ISTI).
- Estimated number of mobility places: 4-6 full-year or 8-12 semester places.
Available Subject Areas
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business & Management
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Film & TV
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Teaching language: French
- Grade system: 20-0
- Entry requirements
- Course listing