Reykjavik University, Iceland
Reykjavik University's (RU) subjects in research and teaching are science and engineering, computer science, business and law. The University has an interdisciplinary approach that fits well with today's society and offers programmes that, for example, cross business with computer science and computer science with engineering. RU is at the forefront of research in Iceland in its focus areas.
Reykjavik is the capital of Iceland and has around 120,000 inhabitants. Iceland is known for having one of the highest standards of living and the people have been ranked the friendliest in the world (WEF, 2012). Iceland is ranked number one on the Global Peace Index and English is spoken by almost everyone.
- Estimated number of mobility places for each subject: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Language of teaching: English. UofG students should ensure that all required courses are taught in a language in which they are at least proficient at B2 level.
- Grading system: Grades are given on a scale of 1-10. A grade of 5 is a pass at undergraduate level
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at Reykjavik University Iceland
- Accommodation: the University does not offer accommodation on or off campus. Students are in charge of arranging and securing their own accommodation in Reykjavik
Travel and costs