University of Nottingham: Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
The University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus is based on a self-contained site near Semenyih in the state of Selangor, 30 kilometres from Malaysia’s capital city, Kuala Lumpur (KL). The beautiful setting and state-of-the art teaching, learning, research and leisure facilities combine to make an inspirational environment for studying and student life. Transport is available from the campus to the nearest bus and rail stations, providing easy access to KL and the surrounding region. Kuala Lumpur International Airport is just a 30-minute drive away, making it an ideal base from which to explore locally and further afield.
Malaysia is known for its beaches, rainforests and mix of Malay, Chinese, Indian and European cultural influences. The capital, Kuala Lumpur, is home to colonial buildings, busy shopping districts such as Bukit Bintang and skyscrapers such as the iconic, 451m-tall Petronas Twin Towers.
The University of Nottingham and the University of Glasgow are both members of the U21 network.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
Fast facts University of Nottingham Malaysia
- Language of teaching: English
- Grading system
- Entry requirements
- Credit guidance: typical full course for home students load per semester = 60 (UK system)
- Student Life
- International Student Guide
- Life in Malaysia
Travel and costs