State University of New York at Buffalo (SUNY), USA
The Times Higher Education stated that the University at Buffalo as one of the world's best universities. It was founded in 1846 and is the largest campus in the State University of New York system. The university offers the most varied menu of academic programmes in New York State and is ranked as the premier public research university in the north eastern United States of America.
Buffalo was billed as 'Americas best designed city' as it is renowned for its architecture, street designs and parks. There are many attractions to see within Buffalo, including the grandeur of Niagara Falls with neighbouring Canada. The financial and cultural capital of Canada, Toronto, is less than a two hour drive away.
>> Follow this link if you are an incoming student
- Estimated number of mobility places: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Grading system
- Entry requirements
- Credit guidance: credit range per semester = 12-19 (may exceed 19 if permission requested)
- There are three separate campuses; the North campus in Amherst and the South and Downtown campuses in Buffalo
- Course catalogue
- Campus housing
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- USA Immigration: protocol states that students applying to a US partner usually in March/April must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the United States. Full information of the financial sum required will be found on the US partner webpages and on the US Embassy webpages for their home country.
University at Buffalo School of Law, John Lord O'Brian Hall, Buffalo, New York 14260-1100
Partner mobility web