University Of Minnesota, USA
University of Minnesota was established in 1851 within the twin cities of Minneapolis and St Paul, where its main campus is still situated. Since then four new campuses have been established. The University was named the winner of the innovation category in the Innovation and Economic Prosperity University Awards. Alumni of the University have started over 10,000 companies, employed over 500,000 individuals and have generated revenue of over $100 billion.
Minneapolis is home to 5,000 acres of park, 22 lakes and was named America’s most cycling friendly city. The twin cities are home to 3.5 million residents, which makes it a vibrant, exciting city for any student to live in.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 1-3 full-year places or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
Key facts University of Minnesota
- Grading system
- Entry requirements
- Credit guidance: credit range per semester = minimum 12
- Housing availability
- Course Catalogue
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of Living
- USA Immigration: protocol states that students applying to a US partner usually in March/April must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the United States. Full information of the financial sum required will be found on the US partner webpages and on the US Embassy webpages for their home country.