University of Hong Kong
The University is the oldest University in Hong Kong (HKU) and has strengths in accounting & finance, biomedicine, law and political sciences.
Hong Kong is an independent territory on the southern coast of China. A melting pot of British, Chinese and south-Asian influence, the city is bustling with multicultural diversity. Hong Kong is among the world’s most significant financial centres and the world’s number one tourist destination. With the highest number of high-risers in any urban agglomerate in the world, Hong Kong is one of the centres of modern architecture and features one of the world’s best public transport systems.
The University of Glasgow has strong historic links with HKU, culminating in both universities signing a Memorandum of Understanding in October 2014.
The success of the partnership was further cemented by the signing of a new MoU with HKU in July 2019. For the next five years researchers from both universities can take advantage of funding through the Early Career Mobility Scheme. Funding is available for University of Glasgow staff through the International Partnership Development Fund.
HKU and the University of Glasgow are both members of the U21 network.
Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Programme Partner
ICM funding and application
- Staff and Postgraduate - incoming and outgoing ICM
- Estimated number of places: 6 full-year places
- Priority areas: Urban Studies, Criminology.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 7-10 (or more) full-year places or 14-20 (or more) semester places
Available Subject Areas
- Accounting & Finance
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business & Management
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- University Wide
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
Key facts HKU
- Language of teaching: English
- Accommodation can be competitive and not guaranteed on campus
- Calendar: semester one: early September – late December; semester two: mid-January – late May
- Grading system: A+ - F
- Business School students should have strong grades to meet the entry requirements
- Credit guidance: typical full course for home students load per semester = 30 (credit range/semester 24-30)
- Course listing
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- Nearest airport: Hong Kong International Airport. More travel information available.