University of Hong Kong
The University is the oldest University in Hong Kong (HKU) and has strengths in accounting & finance, biomedicine, law and political sciences.
The University of Glasgow has strong historic links with HKU, culminating in both universities signing a Memorandum of Understanding in October 2014.
The success of the partnership was further cemented by the signing of a new MoU with HKU in July 2019. For the next five years researchers from both universities can take advantage of funding through the Early Career Mobility Scheme. Funding is available for University of Glasgow staff through the International Partnership Development Fund.
HKU and the University of Glasgow are both members of the U21 network.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 7-10 (or more) full-year places or 14-20 (or more) semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Accounting & Finance
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business & Management
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
Key facts HKU
- Language of teaching: English
- Accommodation can be competitive and not guaranteed on campus
- Calendar: semester one: early September – late December; semester two: mid-January – late May
- Grading system: A+ - F
- Business School students should have strong grades to meet the entry requirements
- Credit guidance: typical full course for home students load per semester = 30 (credit range/semester 24-30)
- Course listing
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- Nearest airport: Hong Kong International Airport. More travel information available.