National University of Singapore (NUS)
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is one of the three largest public and autonomous universities in Singapore. Founded in 1905, it is the oldest institute of higher learning (IHL) in Singapore, as well as the largest university in the country in terms of student enrolment and curriculum offered. NUS is a research-intensive, comprehensive university with an entrepreneurial dimension. It is also widely considered to be the most prestigious university in Singapore.
Singapore is a vibrantly cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city-state off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula in South East Asia. It is among the 20 smallest countries in the world yet still is a world leader in many areas, such as education, economics, aviation and public service.
NUS and the University of Glasgow are both members of the U21 network.
NUS and the University of Glasgow are part of the UK-Singapore Universities Alliance for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (UKSAEI). UKSAEI, launched in 2021, is a new alliance that brings together world leading universities from the UK and Singapore to share knowledge and facilitate collaboration in commercialisation and innovation through active engagement with government and industry.
- Estimated number of places:
- University wide: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Design Engineering
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Suitable for Arts, Science, Engineering and Law students only
- Language of teaching: English
- Grade system: A+ to F
- Entry requirements
- Full time studies: Average of 20 MCs per semester, subject to the approval of home Faculty
- Course listing
- Accommodation: On-campus housing available but not guaranteed to exchange students
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- Nearest airport: Changi and Seletar Airports.