Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is one of the most liberal and modern academic institutions in Lithuania, boasting an exciting history, nurturing and continuing deep-rooted traditions. It plays a leading role not just in Lithuania but also in the entire Baltic and European intellectual and cultural sphere.
Vytautas Magnus University is in Kaunas, Lithuania. Kaunas is the second largest city and historical centre of academic, economic, and cultural life in Lithuania. It hosts numerous classical music festivals and has a large student population. Kaunas is an academic city with rich history, offering plenty of interesting landmarks and fun places to visit.
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Central & East European Studies
- Language of teaching: some courses may be available in English.
- Grading system: grades are allocated on a scale of 0-10, with everything above 5 being a pass
- Estimated number of places: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at Vytautas Magnus University
- Accommodation is available in university residences
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support - guaranteed funding available through Erasmus+
- Cost of living
- Nearest airport: Kaunas Airport, Lithuania (KUN). More travel information available.