University of Oklahoma, USA
The University of Oklahoma was founded in 1890. It ranks first among public universities in enrolment of National Merit Scholars and among the top ten in Rhode Scholar graduates. It is known for a very high research activity and its strong athletic programmes.
Norman is a city 20 miles south of Oklahoma City and within its metropolitan area. It has a population of 110,000 making it the third largest city in the state. Norman hosts the University of Oklahoma, the largest university of the state, the National Weather Centre, as well as a number of museums and galleries. Norman is located in Tornado Alley, a geographic region where tornado activity is particularly frequent and intense. In 2008, CNN ranked Norman as the sixth best small city to live in the United States.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 1-3 full-year places or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
Please ensure that you research the courses available to you as an exchange student, and check with your subject coordinator(s) that these courses are suitable for your Glasgow degree programme. Please note that partner course offerings may change on a yearly basis.
Please research course level; content and assessment structures; partner academic pre-requisites for exchange students; whether enough courses / credits are available in your degree subject(s) to meet your Glasgow degree credit requirements; language of teaching and for Joint Honours students, whether the partner has any restrictions on taking courses from different Schools/Faculties.
- Accounting & Finance
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business & Management
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
Key facts University of Oklahoma
- Note: students are allowed to take a full-time load (12-15 credits) exclusively in the College of Business, but they need to carefully consider prerequisites
- Credit guidance: credit range per semester = minimum 12
- Grading system
- Entry requirements
- Course listing
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- USA Immigration: protocol states that students applying to a US partner usually in March/April must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the United States. Full information of the financial sum required will be found on the US partner webpages and on the US Embassy webpages for their home country.