Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Polytechnic University of Catalonia, sometimes known Barcelona Tech (Catalan: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya or UPC), is the largest engineering university in Catalonia, Spain. UPC schools and facilities are located on both sides of Barcelona's Avinguda Diagonal. The Barcelona School of Civil Engineering is on the On the North Campus which is also home to university services such as the Library, a sports centre, a shopping area, and a number of student associations.
Barcelona, Spain’s second largest city, with a booming nightlife and cultural scene. Catalonia is region with a much used local language, Catalan, and a proud sense of autonomy. It is the home of the weird and wonderful architecture of Gaudí, such as the Sagrada Familia, as well as numerous music festivals and an expansive beach. It has more than one university and an active student scene.
- Estimated number of mobility places for each subject: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
- Civil Engineering
- Language of teaching: Spanish and Catalan (some courses are available in English)
- Grading system: 10-0
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at Polytechnic University of Catalonia
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support - guaranteed funding available through Erasmus+
- Cost of living
- Nearest international airport: Barcelona Airport - El Prat (BCN). More travel information available