The University of Glasgow is a founding member of U21
UNIVERSITAS 21 (U21)
We are proud to be a founding member of Universitas 21 (U21), established in 1997, as a global network of 27 leading research-led universities for the 21st century. This allows us to follow education projects larger than any one university could manage alone and offer a framework for international collaboration.
Collectively, U21’s members enrol over 1.3 million students, employ over 220,000 staff and have approaching 2.5 million alumni. Their collective budgets amount to over US$1.3bn and they have an annual research grant income of over US$6.5bn.
U21 offers a range of opportunities for collaboration within the following three themes:
- Offering the best student experience
- Educational Innovation
- Researcher Development.
- U21 Sustainability Micro-internships - spaces have been allocated, the page will be updated if any become available
- Early Career Staff research workshop - deadline 10 January 2022
- U21 Global Collaborative Research Awards
- U21 Global Citizenship
- U21 Global connections - online international exchange
- RISE Award
U21 Images of Hope competition winners
We are delighted to announce that entries from the University of Glasgow have won the first and third prize in the U21 Images of Hope competition 2021.
First Prize (above) is by Shamil Khairov is entitled 'Rays of hope'