CIVIS - a European University alliance
The University of Glasgow is a new associate member of CIVIS - a European Civic University.
CIVIS is a multicultural and multilingual European Civic University formed by the alliance of leading higher education institutions across Europe.
The CIVIS alliance has been selected as one of the first 17 pilot European Universities and is funded by the EU through the European Universities initiative under the ERASMUS+ programme.
It brings together nine research-lead and civically engaged Universities across Europe and connects over 430,000 students and 63,000 members of staff (including +33,400 academics and researchers). The University of Glasgow is the only associate member.
CIVIS aims to create a unique European inter-university space for innovative and responsible teaching, research, cultural exchanges and citizen action across Europe and Africa. The alliance aims to tackle major societal challenges of the 21st century focused on five thematic challenges:
- Cities, territories and mobilities
- Digital and Technological transformation
- Climate, environment and energy
- Society, culture, heritage.
Want to find out more?
We want to hear from you
- Aix-Marseille Université, France
- The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), Greece
- University of Bucharest, Romania
- Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM), Spain
- Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy
- Stockholm University, Sweden
- Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen, Germany
- University of Glasgow (associate partner)