Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Humboldt University of Berlin was founded in 1810 and is part of the German Universities Excellence Initiative. In 2012 it was named as Germany’s ‘University of Excellence.’ It has educated 40 Nobel Prize winners and is one of the most prestigious higher education institutions in Europe, particularly for arts and humanities.
The University is situated in Germany’s cool and vibrant capital city. Hailed as Europe’s capital of nightlife and clubbing culture, it is a city that never sleeps. Comparably cheap rent and living costs attract a wealth of creatives to the country’s capital.
Estimated number of places: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places (Psychology: 4 summer research placements only)
Available Subject Areas
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Language of teaching: Mostly German, some English. German language courses offered.
- Grading System
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at Humboldt University of Berlin
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support
- Cost of living
- Travel: Berlin is home to two international airports; Tegel and Schönefeld. Tegel is the larger of the two, however budget airlines are mostly associated with Schönefeld.