Students from Pakistan have been coming to study at the University of Glasgow for many decades. The city of Glasgow is fortunate to have one of the largest Pakistani communities in the UK so you will have the option to mix with people from your country, as well as enjoying the renowned warmth and hospitality of Glaswegians. The University works with the Higher Education Commission (HEC) to receive scholars from institutions across Pakistan with whom the University of Glasgow has a valid MoU. Qualified scholars are eligible to receive a 20% reduction in tuition fees under these arrangements.*
We also have an active Muslim student society. The Glasgow University Muslim Students Association (GUMSA) is open to helping you with any enquiries relating to your Muslim faith prior to arriving in Glasgow and once you're here.
*Students must demonstrate they are an HEC scholar from a partner institution prior to or at Registration to be eligible for this discount. Discounts will not be awarded retroactively. Awards are made at the University's discretion.
The University of Glasgow will consider students with International A-Levels and IBDP. Please visit the programme webpages for specific requirements.
Applicants studying the American curriculum should refer to the USA page.
Students who do not have these qualifications may be considered for entry to our foundation programmes at Glasgow International College.
The University will consider students who have completed four years of study from an HEC recognised institution for entry to a one-year Masters degree course. Applicants normally require a First Class Honours degree or a CGPA of 3/4 or above.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- College of Science and Engineering Deans' Award
- Adam Smith Discount
- Higher Education Commission
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- External funding
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
- Beaconhouse School System
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
- Hazara University
- University of Karachi
- Khyber Medical University
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
- NWFP University of Agriculture, Peshawar
- NUST Institute of Information Technology
- The City Schools
- University of the Punjab
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
General enquiries - email@example.com
International Recruitment Team
Shonagh Maak, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3440
Sanju Dominic, International Officer (based in India)
Donna Gall, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
Jennifer Wylie, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3241
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2021
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. Applications for the 2021 summer school will open on 20 January 2021.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university