Undergraduate entry requirements
The University of Glasgow will consider students with Central Board (CISCE or CBSE) or Metro state board qualifications. The normal minimum requirement is 75% average including 75% in key subjects, although certain degree courses require a higher standard.
A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma
See the Undergraduate degree programmes for specfic A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements.
Students applying with American qualifications (SAT/ACT/AP) should refer to the USA country page
For information about admission to Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Nursing
- Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medicine: email@example.com
- Veterinary Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing: email@example.com
View our Undergraduate degree programmes
Postgraduate taught entry requirements
We will consider applications to Master degrees from graduates of Indian central, state or leading deemed and private universities. Ordinarily applicants must have achieved a minimum cumulative 1st division or better across all years of their studies and all applications are considered on a case by case basis.
Science & Engineering degrees: theory grades will be accorded greater significance and entry will be entirely at the discretion of the University of Glasgow. Applicants applying for January entry may be required to demonstrate greater understanding of certain areas of engineering on their academic record.
View our Postgraduate taught degree programmes to find out more about our postgraduate taught entry requirements
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Sanctuary Scholarships
- Alexander Ogilvie Postgraduate Scholarship in Scottish History
- Global Glasgow Scholarship
- India Merit Award
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow Chancellor's Award
- University of Glasgow College of Arts and Humanities South Asia Award
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
The University of Glasgow works closely with the University of Calcutta, IISER Pune, IIT Ropar, Navrachana University.
We have a partnership with the University of Delhi through Universitas 21.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR)
Information for incoming participants: Study Abroad and exchange at Glasgow
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
To contact staff in our Glasgow, New Delhi and Bangalore offices, please use the enquiry form.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
What our students say
Drishti Dudani, International Banking and Finance MSc
"Spending a year studying my Masters (Msc) in International Banking and Finance at the Adam Smith Business School has been one of the most memorable years of my life. It has been a pleasure studying at the University of Glasgow, after completing my Bachelors in Mumbai, even though studying at Glasgow has been quite challenging since the method and quality of teaching is quite advanced.
The experience of living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world has been a dream come true for me. From living in university student accommodation to exploring the city as well as enjoying the vast culture of the country has been a pure joy. All the more so because Glasgow is said to be such a friendly city, which is undoubtedly true. The people around the city are very hospitable and welcoming. The culture and heritage of the city is apparent everywhere as even the university itself is over 500 years old.
I feel proud to be called a "UofG" alumnus today after experiencing all the ups and downs and having faced many challenges during the period of my study. I will always cherish the experience and it will always hold an important place in my life."