Ahlan wa sahlan
Over the years the University of Glasgow has been fortunate to welcome Omani students to both our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. There are currently around 50 Omani students studying at Glasgow and we look forward to growing this number in the future.
The city of Glasgow is a thriving and contemporary city. Middle Eastern culture is very influential here with a wealth of halal butchers, shops and a total of twelve mosques. Omani students are also invited to join our Muslim Students Association which represents and caters for Muslim students on campus.
The University offers an excellent standard of comfortable and secure student accommodation, with single-gender occupancy available. Furthermore, we guarantee a place for all full-time new entrant international students studying for a degree (providing students apply on-time).
We will consider applicants with successful completion of Thanawiya Amma with grade average of 80%.
Applicants with the Thanawiya Amma will usually be required to complete a foundation year - refer to GIC Foundation.
Applicants will be considered after the successful completion of Bachelors degree with GPA of 2.5.
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates holding a Bachelors degree with a GPA of 3 out 4 from selected institutions.
We will consider applicants with successful completion of an Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught degree from a recognised university with a GPA of 3 or 3.2 (depending on University) out of 4 or B.
- University of Glasgow funding
The University works closely with Sultan Qaboos University and Majan College.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Meet our team in Oman
- Location: Muscat
- Event: IDP Fairs
- Contact: Pamela Armstrong
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
Global Study UK LTD
Global Vision for Academic Services - Oman
Knowledge Horizon (Oman)
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2020 are currently open