We have been welcoming students from Vietnam since 1956 and are delighted that you are interested in following in their footsteps. Vietnamese students are enrolled in a number of areas ranging from Business to Engineering and the Life Sciences. The University has established a partnership with VIED which provide funding for Vietnamese students to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate study at Glasgow.
The University accepts A-level and IBDP. Students with AAB performance in A Levels/IB equivalent may be also eligible for year 2 entry to a number of Engineering and Science degree programmes. Please see the programme pages for specific requirements.
Students taking SAT/ACT/AP Exams should go to the USA page.
The Secondary School Graduation Certificate is not acceptable for direct entry to first year but there is a Foundation programme through Glasgow International College for applicants who complete of Year 12 with grade average of 7.0.
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates of recognised national Universities universities with a good Honours degree (usually the equivalent of a second class upper or a grade point average minimum of 7 /10).
- University of Glasgow funding
Undergraduate Information Session
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective undergraduate (Bachelors) students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the undergraduate application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
General enquiries - email@example.com
International Recruitment Team
Shonagh Maak, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3440
Lisa Benlizar, Regional Recruitment Officer (based in Singapore)
+65 6908 6206
Donna Gall, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
Jennifer Wylie, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3241
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2020 - CANCELLED
With the impact globally from the ongoing spread of COVID-19, to protect the health and safety of staff and students we have taken the decision to cancel the 2020 International Summer School.
We fully intend to offer a variety of International Summer School programmes in summer 2021. Our summer 2021 programmes will be advertised from September 2020 so please keep an eye open for further information.
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university