We have been welcoming students from Vietnam since 1956 and are delighted that you are interested in following in their footsteps. Vietnamese students are enrolled in a number of areas ranging from Business to Engineering and the Life Sciences. The University has established a partnership with VIED which provide funding for Vietnamese students to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate study at Glasgow.
The university welcomes the following qualifications: A level and International Baccalaureate (IB). Students with AAB performance in A Levels/IB equivalent may be also eligible for year 2 entry to a number of Engineering and Science degree programmes. The Secondary School Graduation Certificate is not acceptable for direct entry to first year but there is a Foundation programme through Glasgow International College for applicants who complete of Year 12 with grade average of 7.0.
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates of recognised national Universities universities with a good Honours degree (usually the equivalent of a second class upper or a grade point average minimum of 7 /10).
- University of Glasgow funding
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
GSE-beo (Hanoi Branch)
GSE-beo (Hochiminh City Branch)
IDP Education (Can Tho)
IDP Education (Danang)
IDP Education (Hanoi)
IDP Education (Ho Chi Minh City 1)
Star Building, 33C Mac Dinh Chi Street
Dakao Ward, District 1
Ho Chi Minh City
00 84 8 3910 4205
IDP Education (Ho Chi Minh City 2)
SI-UK Ha Noi
SI-UK Ho Chi Minh
UKEAS (Hanoi Central)
UKEAS (Hanoi West)
UKEAS Ho Chi Minh
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
Shonagh Maak, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3440
Sophia Lee, Regional Manager - South East Asia (based in Singapore)
+65 6908 6206
Lisa Benlizar, Regional Recruitment Officer (based in Singapore)
+65 6908 6206
Althea Maxwell, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 7369
Cristina Prelle Ros De Souza, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 1881
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2020 are currently open
High School Counsellor Tour 2020
Sunday 23rd February – Friday 28th February 2020
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Glasgow
- University of Stirling
The Universities of Aberdeen, Glasgow, and Stirling invite high school counsellors to join us for the Scotland Counsellor Tour 2019. This is a unique opportunity to visit 3 Scottish campuses and tour facilities, meet with staff and students, and find out more about the Scottish higher education system. The itinerary also includes a day of social activities to allow counsellors to explore some of Scotland.
The programme includes transportation between the universities, 5 nights’ accommodation (Sunday-Thursday), some meals, and the day excursion. Unfortunately the universities are unable to assist with flight expenses but participants will be transported back to Glasgow at the conclusion of the tour.
Scotland Counsellor Tour 2020 Itinerary
Sunday, 23 Feb: Arrival in Glasgow and Welcome Dinner
Monday, 24 Feb: University of Glasgow Campus Visit
Tuesday, 25 Feb: University of Stirling Campus Visit
Wednesday, 26 Feb: Scottish Cultural Experience (Day Excursion)
Thursday, 27 Feb: University of Aberdeen Campus Visit
Friday, 28 Feb: Transfer back to Glasgow mid afternoon
To register interest, please complete the online application form by 15th October 2019. Selected participants will then be notified in November.
For questions, please contact us at ScotlandCounselorTour@gmail.com