Undergraduate entry requirements
The table details qualifications studied in Malaysia and their grade equivalent to A-levels.
Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia
|AAA at Principal level passes.||AAB at Principal level passes.||ABB at Principal level passes.||BBB at Principal level passes.|
UEC (Unified Examination Certificate) Senior Middle Level
|Matriculation Certificate (Matrikulasi)
*only for Science, Management or Economics programmes*
|GPA 3.0 or better with grades AAB to include relevant subjects.||GPA 3.0 or better with grades ABB to include relevant subjects.||GPA 2.8 or better with grades ABB to include relevant subjects.||GPA 2.8 or better with grades BBB to include relevant subjects.|
|American Degree Transfer Programme||1 year of college level courses (24 credits) with overall GPA 3.0 or better, and GPA 3.0 in at least 6 credits worth of relevant coursework.||1 year of college level courses (24 credits) with overall GPA 3.0 or better, and GPA 3.0 in at least 6 credits worth of relevant coursework.||1 year year of college level courses (24 credits) with overall GPA 2.8 or better, and GPA 2.8 in at least 6 credits worth of relevant coursework.||1 year of college level courses (24 credits) with overall GPA 2.8 or better, and GPA 2.8 in at least 6 credits worth of relevant coursework.|
|Recognised Malaysian Diploma (2.5-3 years)||GPA 3.1||GPA 3.0||GPA 2.9||GPA 2.8|
The University also welcomes the following qualifications:
Accepted UEC Subjects
We will accept all UEC academic subjects except languages. UEC is not accepted for entry into Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Medicine.
- Advanced Mathematics
- Advanced Mathematics (I)
- Advanced Mathematics (II)
- Basic Circuit Theory
- Book-keeping and Accounts
- Business Studies
- Computing and Information Technology
- Digital Logic
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Principle Electronic
A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma
See the Undergraduate degree programmes for specfic A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements.
For information about admission to Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Nursing
- Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medicine: email@example.com
- Veterinary Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing: email@example.com
View our Undergraduate degree programmes
Postgraduate taught entry requirements
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Sanctuary Scholarships
- STEM in Scotland Scholarship
- Adam Smith Scholarship (International)
- Alexander Ogilvie Postgraduate Scholarship in Scottish History
- ASBS Global Challenges Scholarship
- Global Glasgow Scholarship
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- Southeast Asia Distinction Award
- University of Glasgow Chancellor's Award
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
The University works closely with University of Malaya, University of Putra Malaysia, International Medical University and Universiti Sains Malaysia.
The University also has an agreement with International Medical University (IMU) which allows transfer to the third year of the Medicine (MBChB) degree. For further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University has a double-degree programme with Universiti Sains Malaysia.
Malaysia: UK Malaysia University Consortium (UK-MUC)
The University of Glasgow has joined the new UK Malaysia University Consortium. UK-MUC, launched in 2022, is a new consortium bringing together world leading universities from the UK and Malaysia to promote mutual understanding by expanding international higher education in terms of teaching, research and knowledge exchange.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
University of Nottingham: Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Computing Science
- Digital Media & Information Studies
- Earth Science and Geology
- Economic & Social History
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film & TV
- History of Art
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design Engineering
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
- Scottish Literature
- Theatre Studies
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Urban Studies/Public & Social Policy
Information for incoming participants: Study Abroad and exchange at Glasgow
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university