Undergraduate entry requirements
The normal minimum requirement is an overall average of 80%, including at least three written subjects at Extended Level with grades 85%, 80%, 80%. Certain degree programmes require a higher standard.
A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma
See the Undergraduate degree programmes for specfic A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements.
Students applying with American qualifications (SAT/ACT/AP) should refer to the USA country page
The normal minimum entry requirement is 77% overall with at least 7.5 in three subjects including required subjects. Certain degree programmes require a higher standard.
For information about admission to Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Nursing
- Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medicine: email@example.com
- Veterinary Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing: email@example.com
View our Undergraduate degree programmes
Postgraduate taught entry requirements
Holders of a Licencjat / Inzynier or a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Polish university will be considered with the following grade equivalencies:
- 2:1 - 4 (Dobry)
- 2:2 - 3 (Dostateczny)
View our Postgraduate taught degree programmes to find out more about our postgraduate taught entry requirements
The University is dedicated to supporting our European students. From the 2021/22 academic year we will be offering highly qualified students from across the EU new scholarship opportunities.
- For undergraduate students we will be offering Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships
- For postgraduate students we are offering International Leadership Scholarships
- University of Glasgow funding
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
The University of Glasgow and Jagiellonian University (Krakow) are both members of the GUILD of European research-intensive universities.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
Jagiellonian University, Poland (Universytet Jagiellonski/UJ)
- Central & East European Studies
Information for incoming participants: Study Abroad and exchange at Glasgow
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
To contact staff in our Glasgow office, please use the enquiry form.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university