We have been welcoming students from Indonesia for many years and are delighted that you are thinking of following in their footsteps. Our first Indonesian student was welcomed in 1951, and we continue to host students from Indonesia year after year. The university has an Indonesian Student Society and there are currently over 80 students from Indonesia studying at Glasgow.
Glasgow is a multi-cultural city with a large Muslim population. The city is home to twelve mosques and a wide range of Halal butchers and shops. The University has its own Muslim Students Association and student accommodation. Single-gender occupancy is available although we encourage early application for accommodation of this nature to avoid disappointment.
The university welcomes the following qualifications: A Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) and the South Australian Matriculation Certificate. Students with AAB performance in A Levels/ IB may be also eligible for year 2 entry to a number of Engineering and Science degree programmes.
The Certificate of Completion of Academic Secondary School (STTB-SMA) is not acceptable for direct entry to undergraduate programme but applicants with a completed SMU III with grade average of 6.5 in 4 academic subjects may attend the undergraduate foundation programme at Glasgow International College.
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates of recognised Indonesian universities with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Adam Smith Business School Scholarship (IDP)
- Adam Smith Scholarship (International)
- GREAT Scholarships China and Indonesia
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award
- External funding
The University works closely with the University of Indonesia and Institut Teknologi Bandung.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Indonesia
- Central & East European Studies
- Economic & Social History
- School of Interdisciplinary subjects Dumfries
Information for incoming participants: Study Abroad and exchange at Glasgow
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Meet our team in Indonesia
Feb 24 2020
- Location: Jakarta
- Event: 1-1 Skype Meeting with University of (by appointment basis)
- Contact: Alfin Firdaus
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
Jl. Dipatiukur 66F,
+62 (22) 8252 1043
Gedung Setiabudi Astrium, Level 5, Suite 507,
Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav. 62,
+62 (21) 522 0562
Jalan Polisi Istimewa 1D
+62 31 562 3535
IDP Education (Bali)
IDP Education (Bandung)
IDP Education (Jakarta Kelapa Gading)
The Emerald Tower 7th Floor, Unit B Block XB no. 3 Jalan Boulevard Barat, Kelapa Gading Barat, Kelapa Gading Jakarta Utara 14240 Indonesia
IDP Education (Kuningan)
IDP Education (Makassar)
IDP Education (Medan)
IDP Education (Pondok Indah)
IDP Education (Semarang)
IDP Education (Surabaya)
Ruko Puncak Bukit Golf, Blok B Unit Q Jalan Mayjen Yono Soewoyo (Jalan Bukit Darmo Boulevard) Pradahkalikendal, Dukuh Pakis
IDP Education (West Jakarta) (Kebon Jeruk)
IDP Education (Yogyakarta)
SUN Education (Alam Sutera)
Jl. Ruko Jalur Sutera 29D No. 28, Alam Sutera,
, Serpong Tangerang
+62 21 3338 0534
SUN Education (Bali)
SUN Education (Bandung)
SUN Education (Batam)
Sun Education (Boulevard Kelapa Gading)
SUN Education (Cirebon)
Sun Education (Lampung)
Jl. Raden Intan 57C, Tanjung Karang Bandar
(0721) 255 662
SUN Education (Medan)
Sun Education (Pekanbaru)
Jln. Melur No. 19C Kec. Senapelan, Kel. Padang Bulan
(0761) 861 153, 0823 8715 8000
Sun Education (Pluit)
SUN Education (Pondok Indah)
SUN Education (Pontianak)
SUN Education (Semarang)
SUN Education (Senayan STC)
Sun Education (Surabaya Timur)
SUN Education (Surabaya)
Sun Education (Tanjung Duren)
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
Shonagh Maak, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3440
Alfin Firdaus, International Officer (based in Indonesia)
+62 818 61 5251
Sophia Lee, Regional Manager - South East Asia (based in Singapore)
+65 6908 6206
Lisa Benlizar, Regional Recruitment Officer (based in Singapore)
+65 6908 6206
Althea Maxwell, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 7369
Cristina Prelle Ros De Souza, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 1881
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2020 are currently open