The University of Glasgow has had connections with Lebanon through its alumni since the mid-nineteenth century. Our campus is currently home to nearly 5,000 international students from over 140 countries and is located at the heart of the west end of Glasgow, one of Europe’s most diverse cities. The University has an active student body offering over 150 different clubs and societies and a dedicated International Student Support team offering support whenever you need it.
The University offers an excellent standard of comfortable and secure student accommodation, with single-gender occupancy available. Furthermore, we guarantee a place for all full-time new entrant international students studying for a degree (providing students apply on-time).
Successful completion of Baccalauréat General with a score of 12, IB at 26 points; A level at 2 passes at grade C or 3 passes at grade D.
Applicants with the Baccalauréat General will usually be required to complete a foundation year: refer to GIC Foundation.
For IB or A Level entry requirements please refer to the individual course pages.
Successful completion of Bachelors degree with GPA of 2.0
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates holding a Bachelors Degree. The Bachelors Degree must be from a recognised university with:
- 16/20 (French grading systems)
- GPA 3.2/4.0 from the American University of Beirut or Beirut Arab University
- GPA 2.8 from Lebanese American University
We will consider applications with successful completion of an Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught degree from a recognised university with a GPA of 3 out of 4 or 80%.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- College of Science and Engineering Deans' Award
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- External funding
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2020 - CANCELLED
With the impact globally from the ongoing spread of COVID-19, to protect the health and safety of staff and students we have taken the decision to cancel the 2020 International Summer School.
We fully intend to offer a variety of International Summer School programmes in summer 2021. Our summer 2021 programmes will be advertised from September 2020 so please keep an eye open for further information.
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university