The University of Glasgow has had connections with Lebanon through its alumni since the mid-nineteenth century. Our campus is currently home to over 7,000 international students from over 140 countries and is located at the heart of the west end of Glasgow, one of Europe’s most diverse cities. The University has an active student body offering over 150 different clubs and societies and a dedicated International Student Support team offering support whenever you need it.
The University offers an excellent standard of comfortable and secure student accommodation, with single-gender occupancy available. Furthermore, we guarantee a place for all full-time new entrant international students studying for a degree (providing students apply on-time).
Undergraduate entry requirements
Successful completion of Baccalauréat General with a score of 12, IB at 26 points; A level at 2 passes at grade C or 3 passes at grade D.
Applicants with the Baccalauréat General will usually be required to complete a foundation year: refer to GIC Foundation.
A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma
See the Undergraduate degree programmes for specfic A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements.
Students applying with American qualifications (SAT/ACT/AP) should refer to the USA country page
For information about admission to Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Nursing
- Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medicine: email@example.com
- Veterinary Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing: email@example.com
View our Undergraduate degree programmes
Postgraduate taught entry requirements
Successful completion of Bachelors degree with GPA of 2.0
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates holding a Bachelors Degree. The Bachelors Degree must be from a recognised university with:
- 16/20 (French grading systems)
- GPA 3.2/4.0 from the American University of Beirut or Beirut Arab University
- GPA 2.8 from Lebanese American University
View our Postgraduate taught degree programmes to find out more about our postgraduate taught entry requirements
Postgraduate research entry requirements
We will consider applications with successful completion of an Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught degree from a recognised university with a GPA of 3 out of 4 or 80%.
View our Postgraduate research opportunities to find out more about our postgraduate research entry requirements
- University of Glasgow funding
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
Jo Power, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 8780
Kyle Blain, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 7455
Louise Calderwood, Student Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Applications for the 2022 summer school are now closed.
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university