The University of Glasgow has had connections with Lebanon through its alumni since the mid-nineteenth century. Our campus is currently home to nearly 5,000 international students from over 140 countries and is located at the heart of the west end of Glasgow, one of Europe’s most diverse cities. The University has an active student body offering over 150 different clubs and societies and a dedicated International Student Support team offering support whenever you need it.
The University offers an excellent standard of comfortable and secure student accommodation, with single-gender occupancy available. Furthermore, we guarantee a place for all full-time new entrant international students studying for a degree (providing students apply on-time).
Successful completion of Baccalauréat General with a score of 12, IB at 26 points; A level at 2 passes at grade C or 3 passes at grade D.
Applicants with the Baccalauréat General will usually be required to complete a foundation year: refer to GIC Foundation.
For IB or A Level entry requirements please refer to the individual course pages.
Successful completion of Bachelors degree with GPA of 2.0
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates holding a Bachelors Degree. The Bachelors Degree must be from a recognised university with:
- 16/20 (French grading systems)
- GPA 3.2/4.0 from the American University of Beirut or Beirut Arab University
- GPA 2.8 from Lebanese American University
We will consider applications with successful completion of an Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught degree from a recognised university with a GPA of 3 out of 4 or 80%.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- College of Science and Engineering Deans' Award
- Adam Smith Business School Scholarship (Global Study)
- Adam Smith Business School Scholarship (IDP)
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award
- External funding
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Meet our team in Lebanon
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
Global Study UK
Global Study UK LTD (Lebanon)
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2020 are currently open