The University of Glasgow has been welcoming students from Venezuela since 1923, when Nieves Emilio Navarro Vasquez from Caracas studied Naval Architecture, and we continue to welcome more today.
In addition to a wealth of events held by our International Student Support team, our Venezuelan students are also invited to join the University’s Hispanic Society.
The University will consider students who have gained the Bachillerato for admission into Glasgow’s foundation programme, which is run by Glasgow International College. On successful completion on the foundation programme, you will progress into Year 2 of the main Undergraduate Bachelors degree.
Applications with 30-34 points will be considered for direct admission to most schools, although a minimum of 30 points will be considered for admissions to Engineering. Please note there will be certain exceptions.
We will consider applications to a Masters degree at the University of Glasgow from graduates holding a Licenciado/Professional title when awarded after 4 years or more.
Minimum Entry Requirements by Scale:
On the 20-point scale: 13-15 or above
On the 5-point scale: 4 or above
On the 9-point scale: 7 or above
GPA system (4.0-0): 3.0 or above
UCAS Clearing Vacancies 2019
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Adam Smith Business School Excellence Scholarships (IDP)
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University International Leadership Scholarship
- University of Glasgow Chancellors Award
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
Jo Power, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 8780
Pamela Armstrong, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 1960
Nick Bruce, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 7757
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2019 are currently open