We have a long established relationship with Hungary, our first known graduate being Aaron Adolph Saphir, who graduated in Arts in 1854. Since then, many of our Hungarian students have gone on to become influential members of industry, education, media and commerce, amongst others. With more world-class universities per head of population than anywhere else, you should consider joining the 70-100 of your countryfolk who commence study in Scotland at the University of Glasgow every year.
Find out more about student life at a world top 100 university, in one of the world’s best student cities, via our Hungarian and Central and Eastern European societies - we even share your love of history, sport, tradition, wine and beer!
Undergraduate entry requirements
The normal minimum requirement is Grade 5 or 80% in two Advanced Level subjects and Grade 5 or 80% in three Standard Level subjects. Required subjects must be taken at Advanced Level. Certain degree programmes require a higher standard.
A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma
See the Undergraduate degree programmes for specfic A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements.
Students applying with American qualifications (SAT/ACT/AP) should refer to the USA country page
The normal minimum entry requirement is 77% overall with at least 7.5 in three subjects including required subjects. Certain degree programmes require a higher standard.
For information about admission to Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Nursing
- Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medicine: email@example.com
- Veterinary Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing: email@example.com
View our Undergraduate degree programmes
Postgraduate taught entry requirements
Holders of a Főiskola Oklevél or a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Hungarian university will be considered with the following grade equivalencies:
- 2:1 - 3.51-4.50
- 2:2 - 3.00-3.50
View our Postgraduate taught degree programmes to find out more about our postgraduate taught entry requirements
The University is dedicated to supporting our European students. From the 2021/22 academic year we will be offering highly qualified students from across the EU new scholarship opportunities.
- For undergraduate students we will be offering Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships
- For postgraduate students we are offering International Leadership Scholarships
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Adam Smith Scholarship (International)
- Centre for Cultural Policy Research Postgraduate Award
- Master’s scholarships in Digital Health and Care
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- Scotland's Saltire Scholarships - EU & EEA Students (January 2022 Entry)
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary (Budapesti Corvinus Egyetem)
- Central & East European Studies
Information for incoming participants: Study Abroad and exchange at Glasgow
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
To contact staff in our Glasgow office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2022
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. Applications for the 2022 summer school will open 20 January 2022 (applications close on 20 April 2022).
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university