Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Commission (with funding from DFID) and UK Universities to support scholarships from students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK. Please see the Commonwealth website for full information.
To apply for these scholarships, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2022
- By September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Number of Scholarships9
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Advanced Nursing Science[MSc]
- Earth Futures: Environments, Communities, Relationships[MSc]
- Education for Sustainable Futures in Adult, Community & Youth Contexts[MSc]
- Environmental Risk Management (Dumfries Campus)[MSc]
- Food Security[MSc]
- Global Economy[MSc]
- Global Mental Health[MSc/PgDip/PgCert]
- International & Comparative Education[MSc]
- Sustainable Energy[MSc]
The scholarship will cover the full tuition and a monthly stipend including air fares to and from the UK, grant a grant up cover thesis costs and study travel.
How to apply
Applications for September 2022 entry have now closed.
Applicants will be advised on the outcome of their application by early April.
All Shared Scholarship candidates must be made an application via the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship online application system and applied for a place on the programme through the university’s admissions application system separately.
For more information contact: email@example.com