Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Commission (with funding from DFID) and UK Universities to support scholarships from students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK.
To apply for these scholarships, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- By September 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Advanced Nursing Science [MSc] (pg)
- Economic Development [MSc] (pg)
- Education, Public Policy & Equity [MSc] (pg)
- Food Security [MSc] (pg)
- Geospatial & Mapping Sciences [MSc/PgDip/PgCert] (pg)
- Global Mental Health [MSc/PgDip/PgCert] (pg)
- Public Health [MPH/PgDip/PgCert] (pg)
- Sustainable Energy [MSc] (pg)
- Sustainable Water Environments [MSc] (pg)
The scholarship will cover the full tuition and a monthly stipend including air fares to and from the UK, grant a grant up cover thesis costs and study travel.
Number of scholarships
How to apply
Applications for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for 2020 open on 6th November and close on 18th December 2019.
Please see Commonwealth Shared Scholarships website for more information and to apply.
Applicants are advised to apply online for one of the eligible programmes (see above) at the University of Glasgow and apply for the scholarship via the Commonwealth website.
Deadline: 18th December 2019.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org