Undergraduate entry requirements
WAEC Senior School Certificate
The University will consider students who gained all As and Bs in WAEC Senior School Certificate for direct entry into year 1. Students who have taken a recognised foundation or access programme or equivalent will also be considered.
A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma
See the Undergraduate degree programmes for specfic A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements.
Students applying with American qualifications (SAT/ACT/AP) should refer to the USA country page
Glasgow International College
A pass on a recognised foundation programme. Our partner, Glasgow International College offers preparation courses to international students who wish to study with us but do not meet our academic entry requirements.
For information about admission to Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Nursing
- Dentistry: email@example.com
- Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterinary Medicine: email@example.com
- Nursing: firstname.lastname@example.org
View our Undergraduate degree programmes
Postgraduate taught entry requirements
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates holding an upper second class honours degree from a national university. We will not consider work experience in lieu of academic qualifications unless explicitly outlined in the programme entry criteria.
Postgraduate English Language Requirements
The University will waive the requirement to sit an English language test to applicants who meet the following requirements:
- WAEC/NECO English at Grade C6 or higher (B2 for programmes requiring IELTS 7.0)
- Have graduated from a Nigerian, Ghanaian, Kenyan, South African or Zimbabwean University in the last 5 years
Please upload a copy of your WAEC/NECO certificate with your application. If we do not have information on the language teaching at your University (we have this for the majority already) we may contact you asking your University to complete our waiver form.
View our Postgraduate taught degree programmes to find out more about our postgraduate taught entry requirements
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Sanctuary Scholarships
- Adam Smith Discount
- Alexander Ogilvie Postgraduate Scholarship in Scottish History
- ASBS Global Challenges Scholarship
- Global Glasgow Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarships 2024- Greece, Nigeria, Egypt and Turkey
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow African Excellence Award
- University of Glasgow African Partners Award
- University of Glasgow Chancellor's Award
- University of Glasgow Chancellor's Award (Nigeria)
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
To contact staff in our Glasgow office, please use the enquiry form.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university