To further build the relationship between Glasgow and Colombia, the University has developed a partnership with the Fundación para el futuro de Colombia, created subject links with Universidad de los Andes and engaged in collaborations with the British Chevening Association, Colombia.
In addition to a wealth of events held by our International Student Support team, our Colombian students are also invited to join the University’s Hispanic Society.
The University will consider students who have gained the Bachillerato (Diploma de Bachillér) – a qualification considered comparable to GCSE grades A*-C standard on a subject for subject basis - for admission into Glasgow’s foundation programme which is run by the Glasgow International College. On successful completion of the foundation programme you will progress into Year two of the main undergraduate Bachelors Degree.
We will consider applications to a Masters degree from graduates holding a Licenciado or Titulo Profesional. This qualification is considered comparable to the British Bachelor degree when awarded after four or more years of study. If a minimum pass mark of 4 or above is achieved, this may be considered for admission to a taught Master's degree course.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
The University of Glasgow is fortunate to have a partnership with the Fundacion para el Futuro de Colombia (COLFUTURO). This partnership strengthens bi-lateral co-operation in the field of education between Colombia and Glasgow.
The University also has strong links in many subject areas with Universidad de los Andes.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2021
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. Applications for the 2021 summer school will open on 20 January 2021.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university