The University of Glasgow has a long established relationship with Bahrain and we have been welcoming students here for many decades. Students from Bahrain are currently studying a variety of programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate level across the Universities’ Colleges.
The University's historic reputation as a prestigious research-led institution attracts students from around the world in addition to the benefits of the city itself. Glasgow is one of Europe’s most friendly and diverse cities and includes a large Muslim population. The city is home to twelve mosques and a wide range of Halal butchers and shops. Furthermore, the University has its own Muslim Students Association which represents and caters for Muslim students on campus.
The University offers an excellent standard of comfortable and secure student accommodation, with single-gender occupancy available. Furthermore, we guarantee a place for all full-time new entrant international students studying for a degree (providing students apply on-time).
Successful completion of Tawjahiya with grade average of 80%.
Applicants with the Tawjihiya (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) will usually be required to complete a foundation year - refer to GIC Foundation.
Successful completion of Bachelors degree with a GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0.
Successful completion of Bachelors degree from the University of Bahrain with a GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught degree with a GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 from University of Bahrain.
- University of Glasgow funding
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
Global Vision for Academic Services - Bahrain
IDP Education UK
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2020 are currently open