The University of Glasgow has a long established relationship with Bahrain and we have been welcoming students here for many decades. Students from Bahrain are currently studying a variety of programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate level across the Universities’ Colleges.
The University's historic reputation as a prestigious research-led institution attracts students from around the world in addition to the benefits of the city itself. Glasgow is one of Europe’s most friendly and diverse cities and includes a large Muslim population. The city is home to twelve mosques and a wide range of Halal butchers and shops. Furthermore, the University has its own Muslim Students Association which represents and caters for Muslim students on campus.
The University offers an excellent standard of comfortable and secure student accommodation, with single-gender occupancy available. Furthermore, we guarantee a place for all full-time new entrant international students studying for a degree (providing students apply on-time).
Successful completion of Tawjahiya with grade average of 80%.
Applicants with the Tawjihiya (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) will usually be required to complete a foundation year - refer to GIC Foundation.
The University will accept students who have studied A-levels or IBDP - please visit the webpage for the programme you want to study. Students studying the American curriculum should visit the USA page.
Successful completion of Bachelors degree with a GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0.
Successful completion of Bachelors degree from the University of Bahrain with a GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught degree with a GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 from University of Bahrain.
- University of Glasgow funding
Undergraduate Information Session
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective undergraduate (Bachelors) students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the undergraduate application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2020 - CANCELLED
With the impact globally from the ongoing spread of COVID-19, to protect the health and safety of staff and students we have taken the decision to cancel the 2020 International Summer School.
We fully intend to offer a variety of International Summer School programmes in summer 2021. Our summer 2021 programmes will be advertised from September 2020 so please keep an eye open for further information.
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university