We have been welcoming students from Brunei for many years and we are delighted that you are thinking of following in their footsteps. The university has longstanding links with the Universiti Brunei Darussalam and is a member of the British Universities Brunei Association. There are currently 30 students from Brunei at the university in areas ranging from Medicine, Life Sciences, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Business and Education.
Glasgow is a multi-cultural city with a large Muslim and Chinese population. The city is home to twelve mosques and a wide range of Halal butchers and shops. The University has its own Muslim Students Association and student accommodation. Single-gender occupancy is available although we encourage early application for accommodation of this nature to avoid disappointment. Chinese students also have good access to Chinese supermarkets and traditional Chinese medicine stores in the city. There is also a Glasgow Chinese Student Society and Scholars Association.
The University welcomes the following qualifications: A level and International Baccalaureate (IB). Students with AAB performance in A Levels/IB equivalent may be also eligible for year 2 entry to a number of Engineering and Science degree programmes.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- External funding
The University has a long standing relationship with the Universiti of Brunei Darussalam. We also welcome applications from undergraduate students who wish to spend year 3 at Glasgow as part of the UBD Discovery Year.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
General enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
International Recruitment Team
Shonagh Maak, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3440
Lisa Benlizar, Regional Recruitment Officer (based in Singapore)
+65 6908 6206
Donna Gall, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
Jennifer Wylie, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3241
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2020 - CANCELLED
With the impact globally from the ongoing spread of COVID-19, to protect the health and safety of staff and students we have taken the decision to cancel the 2020 International Summer School.
We fully intend to offer a variety of International Summer School programmes in summer 2021. Our summer 2021 programmes will be advertised from September 2020 so please keep an eye open for further information.
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university