We have been welcoming students from Brunei for many years and we are delighted that you are thinking of following in their footsteps. The university has longstanding links with the Universiti Brunei Darussalam and is a member of the British Universities Brunei Association. There are currently 30 students from Brunei at the university in areas ranging from Medicine, Life Sciences, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Business and Education.
Glasgow is a multi-cultural city with a large Muslim and Chinese population. The city is home to twelve mosques and a wide range of Halal butchers and shops. The University has its own Muslim Students Association and student accommodation. Single-gender occupancy is available although we encourage early application for accommodation of this nature to avoid disappointment. Chinese students also have good access to Chinese supermarkets and traditional Chinese medicine stores in the city. There is also a Glasgow Chinese Student Society and Scholars Association.
Students without the above qualifications should consider a Foundation programme with Glasgow International College.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Adam Smith Scholarship (International)
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- External funding
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
The University has a long standing relationship with the Universiti of Brunei Darussalam. We also welcome applications from undergraduate students who wish to spend year 3 at Glasgow as part of the UBD Discovery Year.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
General enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
International Recruitment Team
Shonagh Maak, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3440
Lisa Benlizar, Regional Recruitment Officer (based in Singapore)
+65 6908 6206
Donna Gall, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
Jennifer Wylie, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3241
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2021
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. Applications for the 2021 summer school will open on 20 January 2021.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university