Ahlan wa sahlan
The University of Glasgow has been welcoming students from Kuwait for many decades with over 70 Kuwaiti students currently studying at Glasgow. We understand that student life in Glasgow goes beyond studying and that socialising with other students is an important part of living abroad. We offer our Kuwaiti and international students a dedicated International Student Support service.
Our Kuwaiti students also benefit from living in one of Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities with a large Muslim population. With 12 mosques, a wide range of Halal shops and a Muslim Students Association, our Muslim students are well catered for.
The University offers an excellent standard of comfortable and secure student accommodation, with single-gender occupancy available. Furthermore, we guarantee a place for all full-time new Kuwaiti students (application deadlines apply).
Successful completion of Shahadat-al-thanawia-al-a’ama with average grades of 80%.
Applicants with the Shahadat-al-thanawia-al-a'ama (General Secondary School Certificate) will usually be required to complete a foundation year - refer to GIC Foundation.
The University will accept A-levels and IBDP for direct entry. Please visit the webpage for the programme you want to study for specific requirements. Applicants studying the American curriculum should go to the USA page.
Successful completion of Bachelors degree with GPA of 2.5.
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from students holding a Bachelors Degree from a recognised university with a GPA of 3 out 4 or B.
We will consider applicants with a successful completion of an Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught Degree from a recognised university with a GPA of 3 out 4 or B.
- University of Glasgow funding
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2021
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. Applications for the 2021 summer school will open on 20 January 2021.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university