The University welcomes students from Zimbabwe as part of the diverse group of other 6,000 international students who choose to study with us each year. The University of Zimbabwe in Harare, the oldest University in the country, is also an International Credit mobility partner of the University of Glasgow.
Undergraduate entry requirements
Zimbabwe General Certificate of Education
The University will accept school leavers with the Zimbabwe General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level directly in to year 1 with passes in three subjects.
A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma
See the Undergraduate degree programmes for specfic A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements.
Students applying with American qualifications (SAT/ACT/AP) should refer to the USA country page
Glasgow International College
A pass on a recognised foundation programme. Our partner, Glasgow International College offers preparation courses to international students who wish to study with us but do not meet our academic entry requirements.
For information about admission to Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Nursing
- Dentistry: email@example.com
- Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterinary Medicine: email@example.com
- Nursing: firstname.lastname@example.org
View our Undergraduate degree programmes
Postgraduate taught entry requirements
We will consider applications to Masters programmes from graduates of public or private higher education institutions who are 1st class or upper second class honours degree holders. We will also consider those with second lower class with a GPA of 3.0 or above in exceptional circumstances. Please be aware that in addition to your overall degree qualification it is likely that we will also look at your course content to ensure that you have covered the required modules in your first degree.
Postgraduate English Language Requirements
The University will waive the requirement to sit an English language test to applicants who meet the following conditions:
- GCE O Level English at Grade C or higher
- Upload an 2019 English Language Test Waiver form completed by their graduating university.
View our Postgraduate taught degree programmes to find out more about our postgraduate taught entry requirements
- University of Glasgow funding
- Sanctuary Scholarships
- Adam Smith Scholarship (International)
- ASBS Global Challenges Scholarship
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- University of Glasgow African & Caribbean Excellence Award
- University of Glasgow African & Caribbean Excellence Partners Award
- University of Glasgow Chancellors Award (Africa)
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
To contact staff in our Glasgow office, please use the enquiry form.
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2019 are currently open