The University has been welcoming students from Taiwan since the late 1800s and today there are over 50 students studying on subjects across the University. We asked some of them about their experience of studying in Glasgow, and what they loved best was the historic campus environment, and opportunities to shop!
The City of Glasgow also has a wealth of Chinese restaurants, supermarkets and traditional Chinese medicine stores in the city, all helping to make our students feel at home and enjoy themselves while they study.
The Taiwanese High School Diploma/Certificate is not acceptable for direct entry to the University of Glasgow. Applicants who have studied A Levels, IB, a recognised foundation programme or equivalent will be considered for entry.
We will consider applications to Masters Degrees from graduates of recognised Universities in Taiwan, normally with 80% (GPA 3.2) or better. Many Masters degrees also have subject-specific requirements.
UCAS Clearing Vacancies 2019
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Adam Smith Business School Excellence Scholarships (IDP)
- Adam Smith Business School Excellence Scholarships (UKEAS)
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University International Leadership Scholarship
- University of Glasgow Chancellors Award
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award
The University works closely with National Yang Ming University, Kaohsiung Medical University and Taipei Municipal University of Education.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
IDP Education (Kaohsiung)
IDP Education (Taichung)
IDP Education (Taipei)
Index Education Services Taiwan
12F, No. 295, Jhongsiao E. Rd, Sec. 4
UKEAS (Ban Qiao)
Taichung Wen Mind number some 378 4F-9
UKEAS (Taipei Zhongxiao)
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2019 are currently open