The University of Glasgow is pleased to be recognised by the Mongolian Education Ministry to receive sponsored students, and today we have a small number at the University on a variety of programmes, mostly Social Sciences.
Scotland’s links with Mongolia are fostered by the Honory Consul for Mongolia in Scotland, based in Glasgow. And we think you’ll enjoy our quality lamb and whisky, served with a good helping of humour.
Undergraduate entry requirements
Mongolian Certificate of Complete Secondary Education
The Mongolian Certificate of Complete Secondary Education is insufficient for entry to the University of Glasgow. To be eligible for entry a student must have one of the following:
Recognised Higher Education Institute
One year of study at a recognised Higher Education Institute on a relevant degree programme with a minimum aggregate of 75%
A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma
See the Undergraduate degree programmes for specfic A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements.
Students applying with American qualifications (SAT/ACT/AP) should refer to the USA country page
Glasgow International College
A pass on a recognised foundation programme. Our partner, Glasgow International College offers preparation courses to international students who wish to study with us but do not meet our academic entry requirements.
For information about admission to Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Nursing
- Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medicine: email@example.com
- Veterinary Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing: email@example.com
View our Undergraduate degree programmes
Postgraduate taught entry requirements
We welcome applications from students with Bakalavr or a Specialist Diploma with a minimum GPA of 3.4/4 or 4.2/5.
View our Postgraduate taught degree programmes to find out more about our postgraduate taught entry requirements
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Sanctuary Scholarships
- Adam Smith Scholarship (International)
- Alexander Ogilvie Postgraduate Scholarship in Scottish History
- ASBS Global Challenges Scholarship
- MSc International and Comparative Education Scholarship
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- University of Glasgow Chancellor's Award
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
Offer Holder Meetings
If you hold an offer to study at the University of Glasgow, you can arrange a meeting with our Senior International Officer here.
Prospective students and applicants without offers should book an Information Session as detailed in the tab above.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
To get in touch with the team, please enquire online.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university