The University of Glasgow has a long history of welcoming Iranian students. The first student from Iran arrived at the University in 1923. Glasgow is one of the approved institutions on the Iranian Ministry of Education list of UK universities and has a joint PhD programme with the University of Azad.
In addition to studying at one of the top ranked Universities in the world, studying at Glasgow allows you to live in one of Europe’s most diverse cities which includes a large Muslim population. The city is home to twelve mosques and a wide range of Halal butchers and shops. Furthermore, the University has its own Muslim Students Association which represents and caters for Muslim students on campus.
The University offers an excellent standard of comfortable and secure student accommodation, with single-gender occupancy available. Furthermore, we guarantee a place for all full-time new entrant international students studying for a degree (providing students apply on-time).
The University will consider students who have successfully completed a recognised foundation programme or access programme, as well as those students who have studied GCE A Levels or the International Baccalaureate. We will also consider students who gained the High School Diploma after four years of study and gained average scores of 17 – 20, for direct entry into first year.
Successful completion of Licence/Karashansi with minimum score of 12.
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from minimum of 15 on a 20 point scale from Public Universities and Medical Schools. Mimimum of 16 on a 20 point scale from Azad Universities.
We will consider applications with successful completion of an Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught degree from a recognised university with a grade between 75-80%.
- University of Glasgow funding
The University of Glasgow has a joint PhD programme with the University of Azad.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2020 - CANCELLED
With the impact globally from the ongoing spread of COVID-19, to protect the health and safety of staff and students we have taken the decision to cancel the 2020 International Summer School.
We fully intend to offer a variety of International Summer School programmes in summer 2021. Our summer 2021 programmes will be advertised from September 2020 so please keep an eye open for further information.
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university