For decades now students from Sri Lanka have been choosing the University of Glasgow as their destination of choice in the UK. Glasgow is very proud of the fact that we have one of the largest South Asian communities in the UK. This gives our Sri Lankan students the opportunity to mix with other Sri Lankans and experience the world famous warmth and friendliness of the people of Glasgow.
The University of Glasgow will consider students with International A-Levels and IB. Students who do not have either of these qualifications may be considered for entry to our foundation programmes at Glasgow International College.
We will consider applications to Master degrees from graduates holding first class degrees from Sri Lanka.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- External funding
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
General enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
International Recruitment Team
Shonagh Maak, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3440
Sanju Dominic, International Officer (based in India)
Donna Gall, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
Jennifer Wylie, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3241
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2020 - CANCELLED
With the impact globally from the ongoing spread of COVID-19, to protect the health and safety of staff and students we have taken the decision to cancel the 2020 International Summer School.
We fully intend to offer a variety of International Summer School programmes in summer 2021. Our summer 2021 programmes will be advertised from September 2020 so please keep an eye open for further information.
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university