The University of Glasgow received our first student from Azerbaijan in 1913, and today we have a small, but dedicated number of students studying mostly on Social Sciences programmes, including scholars with Ministry of Education and SOCAR scholarships.
There are very strong links between Azerbaijan and Scotland – you’ll be surprised of how many you hear about when you come and study with us, whether the Celtic Supporters Club in Baku, or the number of taxi drivers with family members working in the oil industry in Azerbaijan. We also share your love of shopping, eating well, and socialising.
The University will consider applicants with good grades at Attestat and one of the following qualifications:
A) A-Levels or International Baccalaureate. For information on specific grade requirements please refer to our online prospectus
B) One year of study at a recognised Azerbaijani Higher Education Institute on a relevant degree programme with a minimum GPA of 3/4 or 4/5; OR
C) A pass on a recognised foundation programme. Our partner, Glasgow International College offers preparation courses to international students who wish to study with us but do not meet our academic entry requirements.
We welcome applications from students with Bachelor degrees with a minimum GPA of 3/4 or 4.2/5.
UCAS Clearing Vacancies 2019
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Adam Smith Business School Excellence Scholarships (IDP)
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University International Leadership Scholarship
- University of Glasgow Chancellors Award
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award
The University of Glasgow has cooperative agreements with the Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy (ADA) and Azerbaijan University of Languages (AUL) in Baku. The agreement with ADA will offer Central and East European Studies students at Glasgow the opportunity to study at this institution as part of the International Masters in Russian, Central and East European Studies. The agreement with AUL allows students on their TESOL masters to spend one semester at the University of Glasgow.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy University, Azerbaijan (ADA Universiteti)
- Central & East European Studies
Information for incoming participants: Study Abroad and exchange at Glasgow
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
IDP Education UK
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
Joey Kirk, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3914
Mark Stansfield, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 5525
Adri Hortobagyi, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 8764
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2019 are currently open