The University of Glasgow has been a popular choice with students from Libya since the 1960s. The first student from Libya arrived at the University in 1961 to study Medicine.
In addition to Glasgow’s historic reputation as a prestigious research-led university, students from Libya are also attracted by the city’s diverse cultural heritage, renowned architecture and the Libyan School in the city. Students have the opportunity to join a number of different clubs and organisations within the University including the Muslim Student Association which is one of the largest and most active societies on campus.
Undergraduate entry requirements
Libyan Secondary Education Certificate
Applicants with the Libyan Secondary Education Certificate should contact Glasgow International College to undertake a Foundation Certificate.
A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma
See the Undergraduate degree programmes for specfic A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements.
Students applying with American qualifications (SAT/ACT/AP) should refer to the USA country page
For information about admission to Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Nursing
- Dentistry: email@example.com
- Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterinary Medicine: email@example.com
- Nursing: firstname.lastname@example.org
View our Undergraduate degree programmes
Postgraduate taught entry requirements
We will consider holders of a Libyan Bachelors degree with a of GPA of 3.0 out of 4 or, over 75%, for admission to Postgraduate Study.
View our Postgraduate taught degree programmes to find out more about our postgraduate taught entry requirements
- University of Glasgow funding
- Sanctuary Scholarships
- Adam Smith Scholarship (International)
- ASBS Global Challenges Scholarship
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- University of Glasgow African & Caribbean Excellence Award
- University of Glasgow African & Caribbean Excellence Partners Award
- University of Glasgow Chancellors Award (Africa)
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
The University works closely with Al-Fatah University and the Higher Institute of Industry, Misurata.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
To contact staff in our Glasgow office, please use the enquiry form.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Applications for the 2022 summer school are now closed.
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university